Basic millinery workshop
Here you will learn the traditional techniques and basic knowledge to make your own millinery creations.
What will you learn in this workshop?
We will use basic materials to create different kinds of hats:
- Felt Cloche Hat and its decoration as much as inner finishes.
- Cocktail hat to learn how to use buckram.
- Sinamay and parasisal hat.
- Silk fascinator with luxurious finish
We will see the different types of felts and natural fabrics used for making hats and the different stiffeners for each material.
Dyeing petals, making flowers with chisels and punches, wiring and assembly.
Lining the inside of each piece, trimmings with feathers and flowers.
Different systems to attach your piece to the head.
The duration of this course is two days:
- Saturday: from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday: from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., approximately
Included: all materials, lunch and afternoon snack. We will have lunch in the study for the best use of time.
Please, contact us for any questions or suggestions.